Use the following link to download the latest OM release for Mac/Windows from the Ircam Forum website:
Specialized OM libraries resulting from current musical research at IRCAM are also distributed on the Forum, as well as documentation, tutorials and examples.
OM sources are free and available under the GNU Public License (GPL). They can be downloaded from this website and compiled on compatible Lisp platforms. The current OM sources (v 6.x) can be compiled on MacOS X, Windows or Linux using LispWorks, for which IRCAM owns professional distribution license. Note that commercial Lisp compilers (including LispWorks) generally provide free personal editions which allow to load and run the OM code.
- The installer will install the OpenMusic application (OM 6.x.x) in the directory /Applications/.
- Musical fonts will also be installed in /Library/Fonts/
- OM relies on a number of external libraries: PortMIDI, SDIF, LibAudioStream, installed with OM and contained as .frameworks in the application folder (<OM x.x>/resources/lib/mac/).
- The installer will install the OpenMusic application (OM 6.x.x) in C:\Program Files\.
- Musical fonts will also be installed in C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\.
- OM relies on a number of libraries: PortMIDI, SDIF and LibAudioStream installed and contained as dll files in the OM root directory.
If an error message appears at launching OM on windows indicating that MSVCR libraies are missing, download and install the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package.
See the OM-Linux page for instructions and installation.